Locate in New Delhi, Phoenix Contact India (Pvt.) Ltd. is one of the topmost technology-oriented companies since its establishment in 1993. It offers innovative products in the range of Connectors, Terminal Blocks, Interfacing Solutions, Automation Components, and Surge Protection Devices.
Before the adoption of the solution, almost all the work was done manually by the executives
within the company premises.
Under this, manual maintenance of the documents was one of the biggest challenges for the company. This has also led to other issues such as insufficient space for storing the documents, thus enhancing the chances of security threats for the confidential papers.
Such kind of arrangement could have also led to the misuse of the data by any executive for his personal benefit. Moreover, documents in hard copies were more likely to be misplaced.
Phoenix Contact India approached Planet PCI for the solution of their problem, and the solution delivered to them was the Centralized Storage Control System of documents through DMS Software.
Some of the major benefits which the company got from the adoption of DMS are as follows:
- DMS ensured the segregation of the documents according to the different departments, which made finding a document easier for users.
- Through DMS, now only those users can view, edit and approve the confidential & important documents, who are allowed or authorized to do so.
- Now system administrator can upload or download any office document any time in the centralized system, from which those documents can be accessed from anywhere, by that person.
- DMS also allowed the system administrator to archive the superseded documents.
DMS is a system that tracks, stores and manages the documents and also reduces the usage of paper in the workplace. This system allows the system administrator to keep the record of documents which are created and modified by the different users within the organization. This is basically a system repository bank in which any physical document can be stored after converting it into an electric or digital format, which makes the storage and retrieval of the documents much easier for the users, along with a high level of privacy.
Only the system administrator can decide that who among the different employees in the organization can access, view and edit the different documents. Moreover, limited access can also be given to some users, and if some unauthorized person tries to access the system, then the system automatically alerts the administrator about it. With DMS, continuous information coming in the organization can be stored without worrying about the size of the file size and the requirement of physical storage space. Thus, the ultimate objective of adopting the DMS in an organization is to avoid the huge stacks of paper in the cabinets, drawers, folders etc. and to ensure the efficient storage & retrieval of information. Some other features of the DMS system are as follows:
- Document versions and audit trails
- Electronic signatures for record sign-off
- Document workflow and tagging
- Backing up the documents
- Access to the central document register from mobile devices